Demo Boats for Sale
Unique Catamaran Deck Boat
Ideal Platform for Fishing or Cruising, Training or Coaching Launch, Patrol Boat, Party Boat, and More!
The KONA® Concept is a modified Hobie Getaway. This boat was run from Long Beach to Catalina Island (28 mi.) in 2009, successfully completing the "Torqeedo Catalina Challenge" for electric-powered vessels. The boat was then converted and used in Southern California for fishing and other recreational boating. This boat is now being offered for sale through Ruckmarine and can be seen in Alameda.
The boat is currently set up with a Torqeedo Cruise 4.0 (9.9 HP equivalent) electric outboard motor, but can easily be repowered with an outboard of your choice, up to ~15 HP.
Video showing the boat running the 2009 Torqeedo Catalina Challenge
The Hobie Getaway catamaran provides a large, convenient, stable, and trailerable platform, easy to step on and off from the dock and excellent handling qualities. There is a dual-seat helm station installed and plenty of space for additional seating in a variety of configurations. The stainless steel railings with lifelines make this a safe and comfortable boat for extended time on the water. The boat comes with a custom Pacific galvanized trailer in excellent condition, and the large bimini with stainless steel frame is available as an option.
Make an offer on the boat and trailer, including the items below:
- 2009 Hobie Getaway catamaran hull (Length: 16'7"; Beam: 7'8"). Modified with a custom lightweight and rugged composite carbon-fiber-over-balsa decking with non-skid surfaces, stainless steel bow and side railings with lifelines.
- St. Croix Euro Helm Seating Station with dual folding seats, Uflex steering system.
- Custom Pacific Trailers Galvanized Trailer. Like new, with tongue jack, winch, bearing protectors, and low mileage tires.
- Optional stainless steel bimini frame with green Sunbrella canopy: $495
Or make an offer on the boat with Torqeedo electric motor, batteries, charger, and trailer, including the items below:
- 2009 Torqeedo Cruise 4.0 LR (9.9 HP equivalent) Electric Outboard Motor (no warranty), with remote steering and throttle control, integrated GPS, and display showing remaining battery capacity, speed-over-ground (GPS), motor input power (kW), and estimated range.
- Four (4) Lifeline GPL-31MT 12 V, 105 Ah AGM Batteries. Set up as a 48 volt, 105 Ah (5kWh) pack. Lightly used (Catalina Challenge plus an estimated 12 days since) and well-maintained. Never heavily discharged and always maintained on the ProMariner charger when not in use.
- ProMariner ProTournament 300 Quad Charger. Fully-automatic, 3-step, 48 volt, 30 amp output, on-board marine charger. Automatically balances the charge among the four (4) 12V AGM batteries.
- Deck-mounted fiberglass battery box and additional underseat battery box for auxiliary batteries, main power switch, and battery charger.
Call or email Scott at Ruckmarine for more details and to arrange to see the boat.
Demo KONA® 18 Foot Center Console Flats Fishing Boat Powered by a Torqeedo Electric Outboard
Excellent fishing boat for restricted or controlled lakes and environmentally-sensitive waters. Asking $13,300.
- LOA: 18' 11"
- Torqeedo Cruise 4.0 Electric Outboard, 4 kW output power (10 HP equivalent)
- Eight (8) AGM batteries, 220 amp hour pack at 48 volts
- Additional 12 volt house battery
- Two (2) ProMariner Quad battery chargers
- Aluminum trailer with spare tire
- Mantis sun shade
- Scotty rod holders
- Stainless steel adjustable outboard bracket
- Built-in fuel tank for optional conversion to gas outboard
The boat is currently located in Southern California. Contact Ruckmarine for information.